Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm having on off week

In case I didn't spend enough time complaining about the complexity of Christmas in my last two blogs, allow me to pound the point home by collapsing into this chair and writing one of the shortest blog posts in recent memory.

That's because I'm trying to take a break this week from deadlines and pressure and concerts, and just relax for a couple of days. It may involve a bit of practicing--I'm not a purist--but I'll try to lay low and accomplish very little in order to recuperate, regenerate, and all of those other wonderful words that being with re-.

In order to share my mood with you, allow me to play for you something I recorded last August. It's part of a Partita by Bach (no. 4 in D): the Sarabande movement.

I'll talk about the fascinating history of the Sarabande another time; for now, let's just enjoy some peace and quiet together.

Bach: Sarabande from Partita no. 4 in D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't bite...mostly.